Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day Seventeen: Group Planning

My group met at our usual time last Sunday and made a general outline of our schedule for the rest of the semester. I created and shared a Google calendar with every group member, so it is easy for any of us to edit any important events. We hope to address four additional bugs over the course of the semester and save a week or two for preparing a poster and the final presentation. A link to our schedule can be found here.

Back to RMH Homebase
I tried to get RMH Homebase running on my Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machine, but I am having difficulties with the MySQL server. Apache seems to be working fine, and PHP5 is pretty straight forward. I am not certain that MySQL is where my install fails, but it is the most likely cullprit. I will walk through the steps I took to install for reference. A link to the most helpful webpage that I found is here.

Download RMHHomebase 1.5 from the sourceforge page

Install tasksel and then the LAMP stack

$ sudo apt-get install tasksel
$ sudo tasksel install lamp-server



Set MySQL root password
$ mysql -u root

At the mysql console type:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('yourpassword');
mysql> CREATE DATABASE rmh15DB;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'yourusername'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> \q


Install phpMyAdmin

$ sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
$ sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
note: add "Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf" to apache2.conf

Follow the directions in README1.5.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment